News

Space for lease in one of Glebe’s historical lost pubs

By John Skufris

Part of the former Currency Lass, one of 16 pubs in Glebe which last operated in the 1950s, is available for lease.

Located at 90 Glebe Point Road, at the corner of Mitchell Street, the historical building still displays art deco remnants that are recognisable today. The facade was built around the original stone inn, which dates back to 1858.

More recently, the ground floor has operated as a supermarket and is now vacant.

Ray White Commercial South Sydney’s John Skufris is a leasing agent marketing 90 Glebe Point Road on behalf of a private owner.

Mr Skufris said: “The ground-floor tenancy is approximately 250sqm with two street frontages, loading and parking facilities and is walking distance to Broadway Shopping Centre, Victoria Park and The University of Sydney”.

The asking gross rental is $120,000 per annum.

Upstairs is a nine-bedroom dwelling that has been converted back to five bedrooms and is leased separately.

The Currency Lass was one of several Glebe pubs that ceased trading in the 1950s when their 99-year leases expired. It stood on the Glebe Estate, which was owned by the Church of England.

Across the road is the building that once operated as the Waratah Hotel, which was built two years after the Currency Lass and has largely kept its original appearance.

Up to Date

Latest News

  • Strata Office Suites Now Leasing in Sydney CBD

    Multiple office suites spanning the whole floor of a strata titled building near Westfield in Sydney’s CBD are now available for lease either individually or interconnected through Ray White Commercial South Sydney and Henderson & Horning. The property at Level 1, 155 King Street, Sydney known as The Trust Building and formerly The Daily … Read more

    Read Full Post